It feels like the summer has finally arrived here in our little town and as a reminder of that my darling husband asked me yesterday if I could make what we like to call “Sommerpudding”!
“Sommerpudding” ist really not a pudding at all, but more like a summery type of tiramisu. A light and creamy dessert my darling husband could eat all day and everyday when the weather gets warm. It’s really such a simple and easy dessert to make and of course you could add all kinds of berries and fruits in it if you would like. Now I can’t take all the credit for this recipe, because this yet again one of those dessert my darling husband has learned to love at home at his parents house and that I have simply figured out how to make for him!:)
For a “Sommerpudding” you will need:
- 300g frozen Raspberries
- 2 packets of Vanilla Cream (not vanilla pudding)
- 6 dl of Milk (or whatever amount of Milk you will need to make the type of vanilla cream that you have chosen to get)
- 500g of Quark (I have tried to figure out what this is called in English, but it seems to be a very German thing. The translation of “Quark” ist “Curd”, but Quark to me it is a ticker type of sour-cream, almost like a sour-cream with the consistency of something between cream-fraiche and cottage-cheese. I’m really not sure what I would use as a substitution.)
- 2-3 tsp of Sugar (you can always add more or less, depending on how sweet you want you dessert to be)
- 15 Ladyfingers (or how many you need to make one layer of Ladyfingers in our serving bowl)
I hope you all enjoyed this little “Sommerpudding” recipe! I have gotten a lot of request to show our new apartment and the projects that we have planned here, so stay tuned for more blogs to come!
Happy summer everyone!